Monday, August 24, 2009

Illustration Friday: Caution


"Swim at Your Own Risk!"

Here is my crack at Illustration Friday's topic "Caution." I had a lot of fun with the idea even though I'm not completely happy with the execution. I find that I am more prone to inking an illustration when I am not satisfied with the early results. I am more likely to keep it a simple watercolor or gouache painting if it is going well early in the process.

Today was the first day back at school, and so far it looks like I have a pretty good group of kids. For a first day activity we played a drawing game called "The Exquisite Corpse." It was a fun little collaborative assignment, that kept things light and easy. If you have never played it before, do a quick Google search to learn how to play and give it a try with some of your friends.

2 comments:

  1. Clever idea and I love the color! We Moms do sometimes overdo it! Great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty cute, Sally. Once again it reminds me of Todd, a few years back, of course! Actually, it's probably how Mur would prepare your daddy to go swimming.

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie. Let me know what you think.