Sunday, January 31, 2010

Illustration Friday - Focused



I purchased the coolest little digital camera this week. It is a Panasonic DMC-ZS1 Lumix.  It has 10.1 megapixal resolution, a 12X optical zoom, 25 mm wide angle, 3 preset aspect ratios to choose from, and approximately a gazillion preprogramed settings to make your picture taking experience a confusing but joyous event.  My absolute favorite thing about it at the moment is the pinhole camera setting.  It knocks down the color a notch and gives that beautiful softened and darkened edge created by a real pinhole camera.  You can even get glorious closeups of flowers, bugs, still life setups, whatever, without using the macro setting.  The photo above was one of my favorites so I paired it with a quote for this week's theme but I am including several more images below.  I took all of these yesterday in Lowe's garden department.  Click on any picture to enlarge.



8 comments:

  1. I recently bought a cheap 12 megapixel Olympus camera at Big Lots. It also does great closeups with a macro & a super macro setting. I won't be getting rid of my other camera, but I really do like the new one for certain things. I could never zero in on insects and things like that with the Casio, but it does great movies. I'm disapointed with the Olympus in that regard. But I've started a file of closeups on textures. Really neat! We are so much alike it's scary!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comment.... we were a bit on the same wavelength with the pinhole camera. Your flower fotos have a lovely atmospheric quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful photos, love that pinhole setting, what a great technique! That's one of the great things about living in a warmer area, up here in the NE, I think there's just paperwhites and all those other winter bulbs in our garden centers! Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful--and I think it is brilliant of you to pop in at Lowe's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pinhole drops the illumination at the edges? It's a great effect. I too like the one you have singled out !

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet colours and I love your left-handed images too. as a left-hander i have often struggled with right-handed drawing attempts, yours are pretty amazing! and thanks for visiting my site I really appreciate the feedback :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one at the top is my absolute favorite, very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie. Let me know what you think.