Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Illustration Friday - Infinite


Where does the infinite hide?
I'll tell you true, I cannot lie.
You'll find it there.
Look deep
down in the glistening depths
of a cat's eye.

This weeks IF submission had me stumped for a while.  The infinite is a tricky thing to describe, and perhaps it is not a truly describable concept. Rather, it is something to be sought and understood according to the perspective of the individual.  Anyway, I got very philosophical about the whole thing and this is ultimately what I ended up with.  Below are some quotes that pushed me in this general direction.

Nature is full of infinite causes that have never occurred in experience. - Leonardo DaVinci
Nature is an infinite sphere whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is  nowhere. - Blaise Pascal
In natures infinite book of secrecy a little I can read. - Shakespeare

Click the picture to see it bigger.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful illustration, I love the eyes - infinite had me stumped for a bit as well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie. Let me know what you think.