Thursday, March 11, 2010

Illustration Friday - Brave

Digitally Enhanced Collage

 

"The bravest battle that ever was fought, Shall I tell you where and when?

On the maps of the world you will find it not;  It was fought by the mothers of men"


I almost didn't make it this week.  It is Spring break for us and we have been taking full advantage of the free time.  Being the mother of two marines, this week's word has had me in mind of all the parents who have children in the military.  Luckily, both of my daughters are in non-combat areas, but there are many more of our sons and daughters who are in harm's way.  I pray for their speedy and safe return.

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I see young service people around town, and I always think about where they're from, who their families are, and how proud they must be of their kids. You nailed this one, and it would've worked for "perspective," as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful idea for "brave" and a lovely collage too!

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie. Let me know what you think.