Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Illustration Friday - Music

 

Behind Closed Doors
hand colored etching

Music is part of what makes us human and we learn to love it at an early age.  I performed many of these solo, audienceless concerts when I was growing up, and I admit to still being a compulsive car radio singer.  People who see me driving down the road probably think I am insane, but I NEED to sing and sing out loud!

I admit to a slight cheat this week.  I took an early stage of an old etching and added watercolor to emphasize the figure a little better.  So it only reached this finish state today, but its not technically a brand new piece.  In my defense, I have 23 people showing up at my house tomorrow morning and Thanksgiving is only a vacation for those who don't have to cook :).  Regardless, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  It is all about family and gratefulness for blessings.  It also crosses religious and cultural boundaries that otherwise tend to divide us as a nation.   I truly love Thanksgiving and I hope you all have a wonderful, love (and food) filled holiday.

4 comments:

  1. I sing out loud in the car by myself too. I know just what you mean. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the energy, the twisty dance pose. happy thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your drawing! Good hair action too! Thats great about singing in your car :) I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I can relate to your illustration and post. Love the line work in your etching!

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie. Let me know what you think.